Microwave Popcorn Cause Lung Cancer

admin September 22, 2012 0
Microwave Popcorn Cause Lung Cancer


You might have heard recently that microwave popcorn isn’t safe because it contains chemicals that can increase your risk of cancer. US government experts reported that a chemical used to give microwave popcorn its buttery flavor was shown to damage the lungs and airways of mice.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The chemical, diacetyl, can cause a condition known as lymphocytic bronchiolitis, which can lead to obliterative bronchiolitis or “popcorn lung,” a rare and debilitating disease found in workers at microwave popcorn packaging plants and at least one consumer.

Laboratory mice inhaled diacetyl vapors for three months and developed lymphocytic bronchiolitis. ConAgra Foods Inc and Weaver Popcorn Co Inc are two companies who have said recently they would stop using diacetyl.

Enter Your Mail Address

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

HTML tags are not allowed.